This year Calypso will celebrate her 40th anniversary.
Calypso took the first ever tour to beautiful Tortuga Island on January 5, 1975 and since then has escorted almost 1 million happy tourists on the cruise Calypso made world famous. Known for consistent quality and unparalled service has been the reason Calypso remains the ORIGINAL and most popular tour in Costa Rica for the last 40 years.
The founders of Calypso Cruises oversee the tiniest details ensuring everything it takes to make a cruise with Calypso memorable and a must do when visiting Costa Rica.
What makes Calypso so special is that beside spending a wonderful day at the beautiful white sand beach of Tortuga Island, riding on the world class catamaran Manta Raya, eating a gourmet meal featured in Gourmet Magazine, our passengers get to enjoy a cruising experience UNIQUE TO CALYPSO CRUISES. Returning to port in the afternoon, Calypso's Captain will escort his passengers on a tour of exploration of the islands in the Gulf of Nicoya, important to not only foreign travelers to see and learn more of Costa Rica's history but also for national tourism and those who want to see up close, maybe for the first time, the beautiful and protected uninhabited islands and bird sanctuaries in the Gulf of Nicoya accessible only by water. This makes Calypso unique, combining the Tortuga Island Cruise with a Tour of Discovery.
Why Calypso Cruises - Calypso Gives Back - We are sustainable
- Calypso offers the following services that are included in the purchase price of the Calypso Cruise.
- Bus transportation from San Jose, Jaco, Manuel Antonio and Monte Verde
- Calypso serves a hot typical Costa Rican breakfast in our own restaurant "El Shrimp Shack" at Calypso's private dock.
- Calypso includes the Snorkel Tour and Banana Boat Ride in the price of the cruise
- Calypso includes soft drinks and juices through out the day
- Calypso provides private bathroom facilities on Tortuga Island for Calypso passengers only
- Calypso provides beach chairs and hammocks
- Calypso entertains her passengers with Live Music on the beach.
- Calypso’s lunch is a casual elegant dining experience - featured in Gourmet Magazine
- Calypso has a photographer on board who takes photos during the day to document your One-Day Adventure experience (see Daily Photos and FB)
- Only Calypso includes a real island cruise a Tour of Discovery – passing Cedros and Jesusita and up close to 3 bird sanctuary island the once maximum prison island San Lucas
- Calypso’s catamaran Manta Raya is fast, comfortable and built with space age materials with limited group size for more personal service and comfort
- Calypso is the only maritime company with a sustainability rating of 4 Leafs granted by ICT, environmentally conscious and doing her part to protect the planet.
- Since 1979 Calypso has been the guardian of the Private Reserve Punta Coral, (www.puntacoral.com) located on coast of the eastern most tip of the Peninsula of Nicoya in the Gulf of Nicoya and part of the last 2% of the ecosystem of Tropical Dry Forest remaining in the world today. Punta Coral remains undeveloped and protected for future generations to enjoy.
- Calypso has received Certificates of Excellence from Travel Advisor three years in a row - 2011, 2012, 2013
- "You get more than you pay for and an unforgettable experience with memories to last a lifetime."
Calypso's One Day Adventure is a tour-de-force of everything that is magical about Costa Rica's magnificent pacific coast and is necessary before one can say he has explored Costa Rica completely.
What to take: