ONE DAY PACIFIC IN-SHORE SPORT FISHING
Experience Calypso Cruises new "In-Shore" Fishing Adventure directly from your hotel in San Jose, Jaco or Manuel Antonio and be back the same night. Enjoy a relaxing ride on the famous Catamaran "Manta Raya" from Calypso's dock in Puntarenas to the Private Reserve Punta Coral. Here you will meet your Captain to begin your tour.
The fishing has been excellent! Good numbers of big fish. Don't miss out on the great action!!!
Enjoy fishing around the local islands aboard the 25 ft. Mono Congo in search of Costa Rica’s exciting game fish. The closest fishing grounds are only 5 minutes away from Punta Coral offering you more time to fish. The Punta Coral area has several islands with various reefs and a good current. This provides the perfect hunting grounds for a variety of game fish. The main target is the hard hitting and great fighting Roosterfish. You will also fish for Red Snapper, Grouper, Pacific Sierra Mackerel, Jack Crevalle, Skipjack Tuna and Crocodile Needlefish. If weather and tide permit, it is possible to go a little further out to blue water to fish for Dorado (Mahi Mahi) and with luck maybe a Wahoo. All of these fish are available year around but there are seasonal variations.
Captain Thomas, owner of Bahia Rica Adventures, is also a marine biologist with fishing experience from the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. He will take you to the best spots in the area. The fishing is varied depending on the season and species. Captain Thomas uses live bait, trolls Rapalas with Ballyhoo and plastic squid and throws Poppers. There are opportunities for really big fish in the area. Captain Thomas and the Mono Congo have 1 world record to date. While fishing, there is also the possibility of seeing other sea animals on the trip such as Ridley and Leatherback Sea Turtles, Humpback Whales, Dolphins and Manta Rays.
The Mono Congo uses only the best equipment to make sure there is never a worry about equipment failure. The yacht is supplied with Shimano Tallus rods paired with Shimano TLD conventional reels. There are 2 TLD 20s with 20 lb. line, 4 TLD 25s with 30 lb. line, 2 TLD 50s 2 speed with 50 lb. line, 2 Shimano Baitrunner 3500s with 40 lb. Power Pro and 1 Shimano Baitrunner 4500 with 40 lb. Power Pro. These are paired with Ugly Stick Tiger Lite rods.
- Max 2 persons fishing at a time.
- If the persons fishing want, they can bring a partner as a non-fishing passenger.
- The boat is 25 feet with a 150 horse power Suzuki engine.
- The fishing area is from Punta Coral to the Negritos Island, Tortuga Island and down to Tango Mar. It is all close so we don't waste time getting to the fishing locations.
- Captain Thomas (a marine biologist) is also the sport fisherman with the most experience in this area.
- The species vary according to the season. Fish caught include: Roosterfish (Pez Gallo), Mahi Mahi (Dorado), Jack Crevalle (Jurel), Mackerel (macarela), Crocodile Needlefish (aguja palmera), Snapper (pargo) and Skipjack Tuna (atun negro).
- Persons fishing should bring sun block, sunglasses and a tight fitting hat.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Casual clothes
- Bathing suit and shorts
- Suntan lotion
- Sun glasses
- Tight fitting hat
- Light weight long sleeved shirt
- Rubber sandals or tennis shoes.
- Don't forget your towels!
- Extra Cash for: Alcoholic beverages, souvenirs, tips.
- *High heeled or hard sole shoes are not permitted on board
YOUR TOUR INCLUDES:
- Calypso Cruises Ceviche Appetizer
- Box lunch
- All fishing equipment
- 4-5 hours of fishing
- All safety equipment
MAXIMUM FISH SIZES IN THIS AREA:
- Roosterfish: 100 lbs.
- Snappers and Groupers: 50 lbs.
- Jack Crevalle: 40 lbs.
- Sierra Mackerel: 16 lbs.
- Skipjack Tuna: 10 lbs.
- Crocodile Needlefish: 15 lbs.
- Dorado: 50 lbs.
- Wahoo: 40 lbs.
- $529* In Shore - Sportfishing from Punta Coral 1 person
- $659* 2nd person on the boat (fishing)
- $100* Extra passengers (2 maximum) pay extra per pax
- Fishing is limited to 3 persons (only 2 fishing at a time) so make your reservation now!